cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should my hf r500 rattle when shaken?

mcfallison
Apprentice

My HF R500 rattles when shaken and there is a lot of color fringing at high contrast edges in the image. And soft picture. Does anyone else have these characteristics?

5 REPLIES 5

mcfallison
Apprentice

Okay. The color fringing is very noticeable. Just trying to figure out if I have a bad camcorder. See the white t-shirt? And the green shirt at the shoulder?20150505-212919.JPG

And then there's this...20150505-213026.JPG

Tim
Authority

Hello Mcfallison,

The rattling that you are hearing is no doubt a vertical orientation sensor in the camera.  Unless there are apparent issues with operation or misuse, I believe there is little cause for concern here. 

With regards to the color fringing, it does seem to occur around the highlights and coupled with the soft appearance my thoughts are that the image is overexposed (and should be compensated for) but also that we may wish to check your lens to ensure no smudges or areas which require cleaning are present.  Any filters you may use should be removed for our testing purposes. 

In your reply you may also want to include shooting modes, applicable shooting/ exposure characteristics and whether or not the majority of your shooting, including the image of our moon, is done hand held or by support of some kind.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your reply. Both were shot on tripod. The moon shot was manually underesposed. I don't remember if the fishing shot was.

I don't see anything on the lens. It looks clean.

I usually shoot in P mode without any scene mode.

Hi Mcfallison,

The fishing image seems to be overexposed, not under.  I would close down the iris in order to darken the image and thus lessen the intensity of the highlights. 

If the issues persist and you wish to have your camera evalauted, you can set up service through our web site.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements