cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selecting record to hd memory chip on vixia hf m31

jomlid
Apprentice

I'm sorry for asking such a basic question, but I have spent hours looking at the manual and in the camera menus, but I cannot get my Canon Vixia HF M31 A to record to the SD memory chip.  Any help....ANY HELP....would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  Jim

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Hi jomlid!

Thanks for posting!  By default, the camera will record to the built-in memory.  You can set the camera to record to the SD card in the menu.  Please follow these steps:

1. Touch [FUNC].
  2. Touch [MENU].
  3. Under the recording settings tab which looks like a film strip, select [Rec Media for Movies].
  4. Select to record to the memory card instead of the built-in memory.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having a similar problem with my Vixia HF G20.  I cannot find the "Rec Media for Movies" when I go thru these steps.  I only get "Rec Media for Photos".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bernie

Hi alecjp!

If you are on the date index or the gallery screen (playback), only Rec Media for Photos will appear.  Set the record mode to M or CINEMA, then look for this option.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That worked.  So when the camera is in AUTO mode, I cannot save to memory card?

Announcements