cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"canon LEGRIA hf r806" video camera splits videos after recording 34:28 minutes

marco10507
Apprentice

Hi all,

My "canon LEGRIA hf r806 " video camera splits videos after recording 34:28 minutes, this means that if I need to do a video recording of 1h my camera will split this video into 2 parts. 

How can I change this setting in the camera configuration set?

All the best,

Ocram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

This is caused by the FAT32 file system used in most non pro HD camcorders. It has a maximum file size of around 4GB. Therefore the camera automatically creates a new file when that size is exceeded. If you download the video to your computer using your camcorder and the transfer software it seamlessly stitches the files together to give you a complete video. This not a changeable setting on the camera.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

This is caused by the FAT32 file system used in most non pro HD camcorders. It has a maximum file size of around 4GB. Therefore the camera automatically creates a new file when that size is exceeded. If you download the video to your computer using your camcorder and the transfer software it seamlessly stitches the files together to give you a complete video. This not a changeable setting on the camera.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1
Announcements