cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with Canon XA 10 XLR Recording level

DDoyle
Apprentice

when I record using the XLR Channel 1 on my XA10, then import the video clip into video editing programs, the playback level is very low or not there at all when I play the DVD on my home intertainment system, using my Pioneer AV Receiver.  Is there another setting on the XA10 where the playback level can be adjusted?

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi DDoyle!

Thanks for posting.

When you play the video back on the camcorder both with and without headphones connected, does the audio level sound normal?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Volume sounds okay with headphones, but very low without headphones, even with the slider all the way up.  One thing which is likely a factor is that I had to turn on Mic Attenuation when using XLR recording, due to sound distortion in higher DB ranges.  A third factor is that the extremely low audio level is most pronounced when I play the video back using my Pioneer VSX-520 AV Tuner amp (using HDMI cable from DVD player to tuner).  The sound track from the XA10 XLR input is too low on all listening modes except "advance surround".  If I bypass the tuner, there is no problem, but I prefer not to have to do that, since all other DVD audio, such as movie DVDs, and CD tracks added to videos, have normal audio volume.

canon xa10 xlr settings-ddoyle.JPG

photo of the XLR settings on my XA10  -- note that mic ATT is on, and that CH1 appears to have input incorrectly adjusted too low?  Sound playback thru headphones is a bit low, and very low thru camera speakers (AV).  Real problem is playing through my Pioneer VSX-520 AV tuner.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements