Fabian
Apprentice

My canon xl2 would not power on. Can anybody help

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Fabian,

I'm sorry to hear that your XL2 camcorder won't power up.

If your camcorder won't power up with a fully charged battery attached, it will require service to correct this issue.  I regret the difficulty this causes.  Here's how to send your camcorder in for service:

Please ship your camcorder to the Factory Service Center shown below.  When shipping your Canon camcorder, please be sure to remove any accessories.  You are not required to send any accessories or manuals when shipping the camcorder. 

Just fill in (right on your computer) this document, print a copy for your own records (You can't save it with your information) and a copy to send with your camera:

www.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/dealer/FSC.pdf

As we do not provide RMA numbers for service, we suggest using a trackable and insurable service (i.e. UPS, Federal Express, Priority Mail) to ship your camcorder.  Please package the camcorder very securely in a sturdy shipping box to prevent damage during shipment.

Please send your camcorder to the closest of the following addresses:

Canon Factory Service
100 Ridge Rd
Jamesburg, NJ 08831

Canon Factory Service
15955 Alton Parkway
Irvine, Ca 92618

Canon Factory Service Center
12022 Canon Blvd
Newport News, VA 23606

Upon arrival at the Factory Service Center, your Canon camcorder will be logged in to our repair database and assigned a repair number.  This typically takes between 3 and 5 business days. You will be advised of the findings via email.  If the required repairs are covered by the warranty, the repairs will begin immediately, and you will not be contacted. When the repairs are complete, the camcorder will be shipped back to you via Federal Express.  The length of time for the repair will be dependent upon the nature of the repair and availability of parts, if needed.  Usually, warranted repairs are completed within approximately 7 to 10 business days of the camcorder's arrival at the Factory Service Center.

All decisions regarding warranty coverage are made by the Factory Service Center at the time of repair.  If the repair entails something that is not covered in warranty, a written estimate will be sent to you at the address that you have provided.  The repairs to your camcorder will not begin until you approve this estimate and make payment arrangements.  If, after receiving the estimate, you do not wish to have the camcorder repaired, please inform the Factory Service Center of your decision as soon as possible.  If you decline the estimate, the camcorder will be shipped back to you unrepaired.

Once you have confirmed with your shipper that the camcorder has been delivered, you are more than welcome to contact us for repair updates. Please include your name, address, and telephone number, as well as the serial number of the camcorder, in all repair status inquiries.  If you prefer to check the repair status by phone, please call the Canon Customer Care Center at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666).  Agents are available Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to Midnight ET, and on Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM ET.  Again, please have the serial number of the camcorder available when you call.

Our U.S. Factory Service Centers are unable to accept packages from or return equipment to addresses outside the United States.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements