cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my camcorder VIXIA HF200 doesn't get turned on...

jason_c_chen
Apprentice

my camcorder VIXIA HF200 doesn't get turned on...although the green light on the top is lit, but no screen.

Please help!!!

Thaanks.

Jason

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Jason_c_chen,

Sorry to hear that your VIXIA HF200 doesn't power on.

The green light on the top of the camcorder indicates that is is powered on, so this may be an issue with just the LCD screen.

1. What happens if you rotate the LCD around to the front?
  2. Do you also see anything on the LCD when you press the DISP button?
  3. Have you double-checked to make sure that the lens is not being blocked by anything?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a similar problem - can I get some help/advice?  On battery or mains power, system starts up and I hear the chimes, but that's it.  Screen is blue, but no display.  Same problem with and without memory card inserted.  Camera makes a repetitive grunting/clicking noise.   Shutter is stuck open and never closes.  Cannot turn off with power button - have to yank the battery.  No help from reset (if I'm doing it properly.  Help!

Hi gbernabeo!

Welcome to the Canon forum.

Based on your description, your camcorder is going to need to be repaired by our Factory Service Center.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements