sandisk ultra plus
80 MB/s sdhc  (u1)  (c10)
16GB

what is the problem?

4 REPLIES 4

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Have you tried formatting the card in the camera?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

it turns out my wife ignored the warning and took some video. when i tried to view the video with windows media player, all i got was the audio, no video, so i concluded that the warning was valid. but later i tried again using VLC and the video was there.

i initialized the card in the camera, but it still gives the same message.
??

i talked to canon and they say this card is 'too fast' for the FS200. i can imagine a card being too slow, but too fast doesn't make any sense.

any comments?

You might try this and see if your camcorder responds any differently.

Copy any files you wish to save from your card to your desktop or laptop for safekeeping. Open your SD card in Windows Explorer and note the file system it uses, probably something like FAT32. Now format the card with your computer using a different file system like NTFS or exFAT. Then install the card back in your camcorder and format (initialize) it again, as the camcorder sees fit.

I don't know about your SD card being too fast for your camera but I'm guessing the FS200 might be nearing 10 years old. It's possible, I suppose, that the newer SD card might offer some features that the camcorder couldn't or didn't anticipate when it was manufactured. Have you checked for any firmware updates for the FS200?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements