cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lens hood question

briggd
Apprentice

Will the flip-up hood for the HFG40 fit the HFG20?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello bridggd, 

The only concern that I had was that the specifications in the literature doesn't specifically list the hood as an interchangeable accessory.  I don't want you to be disapointed either and therefore my official recommendation would be to obtain an OEM replacement hood specifically for the VIXIA HF G20.  It makes the most sense to replace it with an OEM one because that way you are assured it will fit properly.

As a side note, the two hoods look virtually identical and when I tested the ones we have here, both hoods fit both cameras.  You may take that information as you will, but again our official stance is to replace it with the correct hood for the appropriate camera. 

If you would like further assistance ordering a replacement part, please contact our parts order desk.  If you contact them at the number below you will be presented with appropriate prompts for ordering parts:

Phone: (866) 481-2569

Business hours: 9 AM to 7 PM (ET) Monday to Friday

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello briggd, 

Both camcorders have a 58mm thread size, however, nothing in our specifications list the hoods themselves as being interchangeable.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

What would be a concern to think about then? I don't want to buy one if it will not meet my expectation. I am just trying to keep from being disappointed and waste money. 

Hello bridggd, 

The only concern that I had was that the specifications in the literature doesn't specifically list the hood as an interchangeable accessory.  I don't want you to be disapointed either and therefore my official recommendation would be to obtain an OEM replacement hood specifically for the VIXIA HF G20.  It makes the most sense to replace it with an OEM one because that way you are assured it will fit properly.

As a side note, the two hoods look virtually identical and when I tested the ones we have here, both hoods fit both cameras.  You may take that information as you will, but again our official stance is to replace it with the correct hood for the appropriate camera. 

If you would like further assistance ordering a replacement part, please contact our parts order desk.  If you contact them at the number below you will be presented with appropriate prompts for ordering parts:

Phone: (866) 481-2569

Business hours: 9 AM to 7 PM (ET) Monday to Friday

Announcements