cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can't import video to my computer

shayler
Apprentice

i have a Canon VIXIA HFM41 and i can not export video to my computer.  I have tried to download the software again and that doesn't seem to solve my problem.  please provide assitance.

6 REPLIES 6

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Shayler! 

So that we may better assist you, please let us know which operating system you're using.

Richard

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

BarryTheCrab
Contributor
How do you have the camera attached to your computer (USB, composite)? Do you have the camera plugged-in to a power source?

Smiley Happy having the same problem with my Vixia HFM301

I have 4 Canon cameras and never used the Canon software, EVER. I plug the camera in to power(required), and when my computer recognises my camera, I browse to it, just like it's any other hard-drive, and get the files that way. Cut/copy and paste.

EDIT: You only need the power cord if you have your media files on the camera drive, rather than memory card.

Hi Laura! So that everyone's on the same page, it will be helpful to know about any error messages you're getting and the Computer Operating system you have. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community help you! Thanks and have a great day!

Andrea98
Contributor

me too. im able to import 2 out of 3 videos. the vidoe that i cant import is 19m and 42sec, the other two are one for 13m and 56m, the other 2m. I am using the usc cable to connect it to my computer. the error message that i get when im trying to see the video is that "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." which one is it and how do i fixed it. This is the second time it happens and i really dont want to have this issue every time. Help 

Announcements