cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hf r600 how can I turn off the display when i am recording?

Grantov
Apprentice

I'd like to reduce my battery drain while recording longer events.  How do I turn off the display while recording?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is an option to disable "Power On Using LCD Panel".  Disabling this would allow you to record with the LCD screen closed and thus would extend battery life while recording.  The option to disable should be found on the System Setup menu (it looks like a wrench) and the option you would choose is "Off".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What happens if you simply leave the LCD Panel closed?  Or, what happens if you connect an HDMI cable?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If I leave the lcd panel closed I do not believe it will record.  I'll double check but I've tried previously and I don't think the record button is active when the display is closed.

There is an option to disable "Power On Using LCD Panel".  Disabling this would allow you to record with the LCD screen closed and thus would extend battery life while recording.  The option to disable should be found on the System Setup menu (it looks like a wrench) and the option you would choose is "Off".

Thanks very much! this was the setting that I couldn't find! Worked like a charm. I just figured that there had to be someway to do this 🙂

Glad I could help.

Announcements