cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expand pixela android device support please

rickmurphy
Contributor

The Pixela Camera Access app in Play Store supports only one, that's right one, Android device: the Motorola DroidX.  Given the numer of Android devices in the market I was shocked to learn this after I already bought my camcorder.

What is the release schedule to support more devices?

I emailed the Pixela development team through the link on the Play Store page and they have not answered my email. Also, the Camera Access app cannot be found by searching the Play Store sight.

Also, I had to hand code the URL supplied in the manual into my browser window just to find the Play Store page. 

If I can't use the Wifi capabilities of the camcorder because the software support is lacking, then I overpaid for the camcorder.

--

Rick

11 REPLIES 11

CrisRego
Apprentice
I have the same problem. My phone Sony Xperia with Android 4.0.4. It is IMPOSSIBLE to download the application. In Google Play the message is: This application is not compatible with your device. (However meets all requirements) Send mail to Pixela and Canon, have not solved. The only solution is to make available to the application (. Apk) to download not through Google Play, low risk. If Canon is not willing to deal with the problem, then they should stop offering cameras with WI-FI. Not there, but here it is punishable by law and that is false advertising.

I started this thread last spring and wrote to Canon Customer Service.

I recommend that new contributors aslo write to them as well at hdvideo@cits.canon.com.

Dear Canon Customer Service:

I had previously written you regarding the VIXIA HF R40 advertised to work with Android. After I bought the product I and others learned that it did not.

Dissatisfied customers are still writing to the Canon support forum even as of Today.

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Camcorder-Discussion/expand-pixela-android-device-support-please/m-p/...

When do you plan to address this issue?

Hopefully additional pressure will cause Canon to become more responsive.

Announcements