cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display info

mark1951
Apprentice

I'm new to this!  How do I remove or curtail some or all of the information being displayed on the monitor of my hfm50?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thank you for your help.  When I get to that location I see that it is already set to "off" and it appears that "on" is not an option. ?? 

View solution in original post

Hi Mark1951,

My answer should have been more complete.  The onscreen icons can only be removed when viewing movies and images on an external monitor or television.  They cannot be removed from the camcorder's display.

The online items are a level and grids that may be turned on.

If you're viewing movies on an external monitor, you may go to the settings tab (with the wrench) in the menu, scroll down to  "Output Onscreen Displays".  Set this option to "Off" to remove icons from the video shown on an external display.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Mark1951,

To reduce shooting information to be displayed on the connected TV screen, set the menu's [Output Onscreen Displays] to [Off].

1. Touch [Other Settings].

Drag your finger up or down to bring [Onscreen Markers] into the orange selection bar, and then
touch the button.

3. Touch any of the available options.

4. Touch [ ] to close the menu.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your help.  When I get to that location I see that it is already set to "off" and it appears that "on" is not an option. ?? 

Hi Mark1951,

My answer should have been more complete.  The onscreen icons can only be removed when viewing movies and images on an external monitor or television.  They cannot be removed from the camcorder's display.

The online items are a level and grids that may be turned on.

If you're viewing movies on an external monitor, you may go to the settings tab (with the wrench) in the menu, scroll down to  "Output Onscreen Displays".  Set this option to "Off" to remove icons from the video shown on an external display.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements