cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

computer can't read memory card from VIXIA HF M300

mitchgh
Contributor

I've been using Vixia hfm300 for several years. But it's been a few months. Last night I recorded a video. I can play it on the vixia, so I know it's there. But when I insert the memory card into my laptop, I don't see any material.

(Actually, at first I did see old material. I deleted it, thinking the card might be full. But that didn't help, even with brand new material.)

Can you help please?

13 REPLIES 13

Got it, thanks. I have posted as reply to you. One image shows that the video files do not appear. The other shows that I can access them by double-clicking AVCHD (whatever that is).

If you try and use the "import" feature within iMovie does it show you the video? (not saying you have to use iMovie if that's not your cup of tea. Just asking if you see the video that way).

If should show up as the one big video file, not the individual clip chunks you see through Finder.

@mitchgh wrote:
When I open Finder, yes I can see the card. But the folders are empty.

However, I just discovered that when I double-click on AVCHD I can access the clips and then export them as .mov.

This is not how the Vixia used to work.

I have screen shots, but don't see how to post them.

>>If you try and use the "import" feature within iMovie does it show you the video? (not saying you have to use iMovie if that's not your cup of tea. Just asking if you see the video that way).

If should show up as the one big video file, not the individual clip chunks you see through Finder.,,<<

Thanks for this brilliant suggestion. Yes, imports to iMovie just fine. I think this solves my problem.

Is it possible to use VIXIA HF M300 as external camera for Zoom, etc? I have connected to computer via USB, but computer does not recognize the VIXIA. I am running MacBook Pro High Sierra 10.13.6

Announcements