cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot detect device message when I try to upload video. I tried using 3 different usb cables.

gladtdgs
Apprentice

The 3 different usb cables I used all seem to fit the ports, but the camcorder is just not read.  I just downloaded all the software to make sure I had that.  Do I have to buy another usb cable?  They are out of stock on this canon site. thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Jason
Whiz

Hi gladtdgs,

To best determine what may be occurring, please let us know the model camera you are using, as well as the version of Windows or Mac in use.  We can definitely check into a few things, but the operating system will be needed to ensure the most accurate information is provided!  Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing back from you!

I have Windows 7 Professional on a PC. I have a Canon ZR 300 digital video camcorder. Thanks!

Hi Gladtdgs,

To transfer movies, your camcorder requires a firewire with a Special 4 pin connector (IEEE 1394 compliant) for the camcorder and a 4-pin or 6-pin connector to match the firewire port on your computer.  Please note:  A Firewire to USB connector will not work.

If your computer lacks a firewire port, you may want to check with your computer manufacturer regarding the availability of a firewire expansion for your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. I got the firewire and the port.  Now the problem is that the playback image on the camcorder is showing in horzontal jittery bands. It is uploading the same jittery image.  I will check on the FAQ and forum. 

I think your web page for this camera needs to empatically say that the USB does not work with the Win 7, etc.

gladtdgs
Apprentice

Help Richard!   I coudn't find this issue Robot tongue on the message board.  I have a ZR300. I really haven't used the camcorder very much through the years.Woman Happy

Hi Gladtdgs,

So that we m ay better assist you, please contact us.

When you do, please let them know if this occurs on your camcorder, your computer, or both.  Also, let them know how you transferred the movies (which program), and which program (if using a computer) you're using for playback.

For contact options, please click here..

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements