cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best setting, vivia hg30 for night football?

jamarfarms
Apprentice

hi all.  trying to get the best from my camcorder.  not good with owners manuals.

filming football from stands at night and during daylight.  thanks. jim

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Hi jamarfarms!

Thanks for posting.

The Sports setting generally works well for this.  Set the camcorder to the (M)Manual mode, then do the following:

1. Touch FUNC.
  2. Touch [Rec. Programs].
  3. Touch [Portrait] (May be another setting, but Portrait by default).
  4. Touch [Sports].
  5. Touch [X].
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jamarfarms
Apprentice
thanks. that's what I'm doing. figured there was maybe a better setting. Jim

jamarfarms
Apprentice
mike, I'm actually wanting to learn how to use the manual features. where would you set fstop and suttee speed on cloudy days, sunny days, under lights, etc. ?
just setting it to sports seems kinda automatic. lol. it's a great camcorder. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, I reckon. thanks a lot!! jim

Hello Jamarfarms, 

The exposure values will always be relative to the scene that you are shooting.  There are no baseline exposure parameters that are true for every situation.  For example, a hypothetical suggestion for sunny days might be 1/2000th @ f/8- and that might be perfect, but then it becomes overcast and the proper exposure changes.  So that same 1/2000th of a second at f/8 would no longer be correct.  

If you wish to shoot manual modes, I highly encourage you to use an exposure meter in order to determine the value of the exposure at the time of shooting.  It is the only way to obtain proper exposure when setting manually. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements