cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best format for end product

Bucket
Apprentice

I just bought a Vixia HF R 42 to shoot a company video. The finished product must be 1280 x 720 pixels; Aspect Ratio 16:9 and exported as mp4 or MOV. I'll be using Premiere Pro to edit. What is the best format (AVCHD vs. MP4) and video quality setting to use considering what the end specifications must be? What setting do I use to get the 16:9 aspect ratio? Thank you so much for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Bucket!

Thanks for posting.

AVCHD is less compressed than MP4, so shooting in AVCHD at 60p will offer you the best overall quality.  Premiere Pro should work fine with it as well.  Keep in mind though, you will want to transfer the entire folder from the card in the camcorder over to your computer, then import from there.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I really need to read more about aspect ratios, etc., but are you saying that it is better to use the highest quality setting regardless of the specifications of the end product? Thanks for your reponse.

Janekong
Enthusiast

better choose MP4 if you want to playback your videos in different devices. The MP4 is the compatible format amony different devices

Announcements