cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XF705 support needed // XF-HEVC Decoder 1.0 for macOS

Cobrandit
Apprentice

I just rec'd my new XF705 a day ago and am very excited! I've shot test footage and now discover that the H.265 HVEC (MXF) format isn't supported by Premier Pro CC (latest version, etc). Workarounds such as changing .mxf extentions to .mp4 don't help much, footage is choppy and has drop outs. And who wants to do that anyway? 

I just found the decoder downloadable from the XF705 support page. Has anyone tried it?

Canon XF-HEVC Decoder 1.0 for macOS

However when I download it, it says "installed" but then I can't find it anywhere in my system...not in applications (where my other Canon utilities load) or in the Utilities folder. Search comes up empty. Where does it reside? Any ideas?

I am desperate to get useable footage out of my new camera!

5 REPLIES 5

CruToys
Apprentice

Same Story But we use Davinci and FCPX

New XF 705 Live Shoot On Monday,  Test day today.

I can see all footage with XF utility.  Not sure what that is for, no export function.

Tried converters, added plug in from EOS C300 mk ii and 705 downloads.

FCPX only imports the audio even if from the SD card directly.

Davinci Resolve 16 doesn't import anything.

This is part of why we now have our first non-canon camera in the shop!

Panasonic GH5S - Striaght import

XF-105 (for sale)

XF-205

XF-705

5D Mark II

SL2 (for sale)

You need the paid Studio version of DaVinci Resolve to work with HEVC video files.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

CruToys
Apprentice
Have you used DRS 16 paid with the XF-HEVC files at 4k 422-10? I have been looking for a solid answer before I shell out $300+ For a a file converter or changing work flow on a project in progress.

I would hope that Apple or Canon could fix what appears to be a minor file formatting issue.

For now I may not have a choice other than to buy an upgrade to Davinci Studio.

Hard to believe this is still an issue 10 (10!!!) months later. I've been shooting 1080 the whole time so have yet to unlock the potential of this camera. However I have a project requiring 4K next month and plan on buying Resolve if Premiere hasn't got it's act together by then.

CruToys
Apprentice
Just finished a Canon event, and it looks like they aren’t going to have a FcPX fix any time soon. We decided to get a BMCC for a second camera which includes DRS. Bad move Canon.
Announcements