cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XF400 - can't reduce gain in manual mode

rnb
Apprentice

Hi, I'm using the XF400 in manual mode and for some reason can't seem to lower the gain past 9db (I'm trying to lower using the custom button/knob... I can increase the gain upwards of 9db... but not lower)... this has happened to me a few times and I'm not sure why.  I'm guessing I have some other setting that logically prevents the gain from going below a certain point but can't figure out what it is.  Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mb, 

As noted in this section, under item number 2 above it explains the following: 

If [Func] > [Looks] is set to [Picture Style 2 Wide DR], the lowest AGC limit that can be set will be 9.0 db.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello mb, 

You are able to set a limit in the Automatic Gain Control which is probably what is occuring here.  

Untitled.png

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

rnb
Apprentice

Thanks, I read that part of the manual but am not having a problem with the "maximum gain value"... it's the minimum... I can't reduce the gain below 9db.  I assumed the AGC was for the upper limit.

mb, 

As noted in this section, under item number 2 above it explains the following: 

If [Func] > [Looks] is set to [Picture Style 2 Wide DR], the lowest AGC limit that can be set will be 9.0 db.  

rnb
Apprentice

I haven't even tried it but i guarantee that's it.... thanks man. (strange that the wording is reads as the lowest maximum is 9db... that's why that didn't register at first.) 

Out of curiosity, what would the logic be behind cranking the gain when in recording hdr? 

Announcements