Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor

XF400: Audio from XLR inputs question

Anyone know if this is possible or not? I have a Comica wireless dual lav mic connected into the XLR Input #2. An Audio Technica AT875R shotgun mic is connected into the XLR Input #1. The sound that is recorded from the Comica dual lav mic system is only outputting sound from one earbud (either left or right side, I forget which side). The sound from the Audio Technica shotgun mic is outputting from the other earbud. Question is whether it's possible for the Comica mic to output sound coming out from BOTH left and right earbuds? But I also want sound from the Audio Technica mic to also be mixed in too.
Product Expert

Re: XF400: Audio from XLR inputs question

[ Edited ]

Hi Casey415,

Thanks for checking in with us!

Check the settings on your lav mic system to see if you mix down the two channels into a mono mix. Otherwise, you may need to use separate inputs for each channel.

If problems persist, please elaborate on the audio settings that you are using on the camera.