cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XF-100 internal battery question

skyking
Contributor
The internal battery that keeps settings when the camera is not in use in my XF-100 has died. How do I get it replaced??

Thanks

Sky
6 REPLIES 6

VideoGeek
Mentor

I'm not sure whether or not this will help as it is for a different camera but it may be worth a shot:

"Charging method of the internal rechargeable backup battery

Insert a charged battery pack in the camera, and then leave the camera for 24 hours or more with the power off."

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunatly nothing works. According to my XF100 manual, you connect the AC power to it to power it for at least 24 hours with the XF100 off. I've contacted Canon about the issue and will bet I have to send it in!!

Thanks again

James

James, did you ever get a reply from Canon?  Please post.

I did receive an answer, but not one I was happy with.  My post and the reply is just above this one in the queue.

I did receive an answer from Canon Tech. They told me to call Parts which I have not done yet. I belive that is not the right answer, According to web searches, the battery is "soldered" in and probably has to be replaced by Canon. I'm going contact Canon Tech again and see if they give the same answer.

James

Thanks. 

While I didn't get the answer I hoped for, I believe that what they said sounds right, and it tracks to what you heard.

I'm not about to pay the repair charge for what is really a minor inconvenience.  I have another battery.  I just need to swap quickly before the memory dumps, and the existing battery is keeping the memory alive for a while.

Let me know if you hear something different.

Jim

Announcements