cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my computer recognize my Canon XHA1s via firewire anymore?

prohoobis27
Apprentice

My Windows 7 HP computer will not recognize my camera (XHA1s) anymore.  I used it two weeks ago to record and transfer the video, and everything went just fine.  I went to use the same exact setup two days ago and the computer will not recognize the camera.  I tried the firewire cable I have been using and I even went out and bought a new one to see if a new cable would solve it, but neither worked.  I am at a loss cannot figure out what happened/went wrong.  Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

jazzman1
Rising Star

It could be other issues with your Pc other than your Canon gear.  Have you tried a windows system restore?  Use a restore point back when everything worked Ok.

VideoGeek
Mentor

Do you have any other firewire devices you could connect to the computer to test the port?  When you have the camera connected does anything show up in Device Manager?  You could try uninstalling the driver for the port and then reinstalling it to see if that helps.

JonKline
Enthusiast

It could also be a failing firewire port/card. That connector is usually not very durable.