cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my Canon Elura 60 camcorder won't let me load the mini DV cassette? It keeps on rejecting it .

wh95120
Apprentice

When I try to load the mini DV casette, it keeps on rejecting it and also displays "remove the cassette" on LCD panel.

What could be the problem?  Has anyone experienced the same problem? 

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

Hello wh95120!

When your Elura 60 will not load a cassette, a normal DV cassette, you should try to clean the video heads.  This may or may not resolve the issue, depending on what is happening inside the camcorder.  A mini DV dry head tape cleaner can be used to not only clean the heads but can sometimes resolve issues like this. 

We regret to inform you that Canon no longer services this model; however, you may be eligible to participate in the Canon Loyalty Program.  This allows you to replace your current camera with a refurbished Canon for a discounted fee, plus $10 shipping for Second Business Day delivery.   

If you would like to take part in this option, or learn more, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (800-652-2666) seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements