cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I view video from my SD card on my Mac? It appears on my RFH400 but not the Mac?!

canondude
Apprentice

I recorded four short videos onto an SD card using a Canon HFR400 video camera. When I load the SD card into the computer I’m only able to view one video. The others show no images, only a black screen but each will play for the length of each video. 

Weird part is that I can play back all four videos in playback mode on the camera. It’s just loading them onto the computer which causes 3 of 4 to go blank. Any idea why it’s not allowing me to view?? 

I thought it had to do with the format or possibly using a Mac, but it doesn’t make sense that one video can be seen and the others can’t. They were all shot within 15 minutes of each other. May have to try Canon tech support but it doesn’t seem to be a camera issue.

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi canondude!

Thanks for posting.

Ho are you bringing the video clips over to your computer?  Are you connecting the camera or are you using a card reader?  What program are you using to import the video clips?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements