cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which HD Camcorder should I purchase?

hoek59
Apprentice

We would like a HD Camcorder to record video for my wife's practice.  She is a Therapist working with children, ranging in age from 2 - 7 year olds, that have special needs and would like to record their progress during therapy sessions both in a school environment (playgrounds, gymnasiums, and classrooms), and her private practice.  Also, she will use the video for presentations.  The video will involve one-on-one and group settings.  A camcorder that has a good audio recording capability would be helpful.  The video will be edited using Keynote, iMovie, and possibly Final Cut.  We bought a new iMac that has ios 10.8  Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mark1951
Apprentice

I am relatively new to this, but I did a lot of research and bought the Canon HFM50 camcorder.  The video quality is excellent.  I record music events so I wanted better audio so I bought a Canon DM100 mic that mounts to the top of the camera.  The audio is good now.  The software that comes with it is user friendly, and editing is easy.  If you want you can check out my videos at   http://www.youtube.com/user/videosmarkg  These were taken without the benefit of a tripod. 

View solution in original post

Thank you for your response.  The HFM50 is actually the one I thought would be most useful and your video's look great.  The other camcorder I was considering was the HFG20 but felt it may be overkill for what we are using it for.  Your video also helped show how the HFM50 performs in low light situations which I feel is very good.  I will also buy the mic you mentioned.  Sometimes the kids my wife work with can be a little soft spoken.    I noticed from the video's you are located in the Stockton area.  We love California so much we are actually in the process of selling the house and moving there.  Thank you again for your help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mark1951
Apprentice

I am relatively new to this, but I did a lot of research and bought the Canon HFM50 camcorder.  The video quality is excellent.  I record music events so I wanted better audio so I bought a Canon DM100 mic that mounts to the top of the camera.  The audio is good now.  The software that comes with it is user friendly, and editing is easy.  If you want you can check out my videos at   http://www.youtube.com/user/videosmarkg  These were taken without the benefit of a tripod. 

Thank you for your response.  The HFM50 is actually the one I thought would be most useful and your video's look great.  The other camcorder I was considering was the HFG20 but felt it may be overkill for what we are using it for.  Your video also helped show how the HFM50 performs in low light situations which I feel is very good.  I will also buy the mic you mentioned.  Sometimes the kids my wife work with can be a little soft spoken.    I noticed from the video's you are located in the Stockton area.  We love California so much we are actually in the process of selling the house and moving there.  Thank you again for your help.

Announcements