Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find Customer Reviews for VIXIA HF R300

carpslik1
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Barry,

Thank you for the tip; it gave me a better idea about finding a review I had posted some time ago on BestBuy website...  I was under impression, it will automatically go to the Canon net.  When I saw many review postings on websites like Amazon etc. I went to check BBY and sure enough, mine was there, and viewed by 24 people (all liked it), that was my main interest, I have just thought of my posting recently and wanted to check it out, but I could not have any references to customer reviews on recent Canon product advertisement (I know they used to have those in the past...).  And by-the-way, I do have enough "Horsepower" on my HP, for the HD (an i5 with 10 GB memory).

I may add, I bought my HF R300 in June 2012 and love it.  I still keep my old Elura 100 (DV tape) and use them both, but the 300 is a terific tool and much easier to transfer the video clips to computer (USB instead of the Firewire, even if I enjoyed doing that too), as well as picture quality and crispness - no comparison (no ofense to Elura meant, but of course, the new technology has its merit!!!).  Have a great day.   - - -    Regards, Carpslik1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BarryTheCrab
Contributor

The reviews are everywhere, just Google Customer Reviews for VIXIA HF R300, anywhere on the 'net. And be aware that files from HiDef video cameras need some computer horsepower to really have fun with.

Hello Barry,

Thank you for the tip; it gave me a better idea about finding a review I had posted some time ago on BestBuy website...  I was under impression, it will automatically go to the Canon net.  When I saw many review postings on websites like Amazon etc. I went to check BBY and sure enough, mine was there, and viewed by 24 people (all liked it), that was my main interest, I have just thought of my posting recently and wanted to check it out, but I could not have any references to customer reviews on recent Canon product advertisement (I know they used to have those in the past...).  And by-the-way, I do have enough "Horsepower" on my HP, for the HD (an i5 with 10 GB memory).

I may add, I bought my HF R300 in June 2012 and love it.  I still keep my old Elura 100 (DV tape) and use them both, but the 300 is a terific tool and much easier to transfer the video clips to computer (USB instead of the Firewire, even if I enjoyed doing that too), as well as picture quality and crispness - no comparison (no ofense to Elura meant, but of course, the new technology has its merit!!!).  Have a great day.   - - -    Regards, Carpslik1

carpslik1,

I also owned an Elura 100, my 1st Canon. Loved it. I used industrial double-sided mounting tape and placed a shoe on it for a light/mic, that camera was very good to me.

Also, I do love the ease of a USB or SD card transfer, but the old firewire still works.

Announcements