cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia electrical problems - Mic Jack shorts (Mic &/or Headphone); Trickle Charge? Photo Flash?

gameways
Contributor

Do you, too, get shorts on one (or both) stereo channel during normal use of your 3.5mm jacks?  Is the problem typically the jack, the internal solder/connection/wiring, or something inside the electronics.  Because in addition to my (HF-S21) jacks dropping out , my battery won't trickle charge, nor will the flash work in photo mode.  Could these be related?

Also, for HF-S20 & 30 family owners, in dim lighting- when you switch from video to photo mode, does your viewfinder brightness dim (at times too dark to frame)?  Canon is also requested to address these issues, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Gameways,
For technical assistance with your VIXIA HF S21, please contact us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the offer, but as this is an informational forum, how about addressing any of the issues I raise - here, directly - so that others may benefit from the knowledge?

For example, is the uncalibratedness between my LCD viewfinder and the eyepiece viewfinder (raster is too high) a known problem, or is it just my camera? What is it due to?

Also, the super-dimming of the viewfinder when (in dim light) switched into photo mode. Why is that? Is it a recognized problem in all HF-S21 series? Any other series?  

And how about the other referenced problems with my VIxia?  Thank you. 

Hi gameways!

In order to properly address your questions, we'd need to know the specifics of your set up, and attempt multiple walkthrough tests to determine where the exact problem lies. The Canon Forum is not designed for this kind of specialized support, and your issue would benefit most from a customized one-on-one tech experience. Please get in touch with us HERE and we'd be happy to get you up and running again!

Afterwards, if you’d like to report back with your experience for the good of the community, feel free to do so!

Announcements