cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HFS200 Splitting Clips at 11:33

gigtime
Apprentice

I've got a Vixia HF S200. Ordinarily, I record via HDMI out into a NewTek Tricaster. Yesteday was my first time to record on an SD card, actually a Sandisk ultra plus 64gb micro SD with an adapter. I recorded an interview with a client where we did the main interview as one long clip and then I did several Q&A segments. 

Today, while reviewing the clips, I see the original interview clip ends at 11:33 and then continued with a tiny delay on another clip. The same thing happened on several occassions whenever the clip reached the 11:33 mark. Hopefully I can edit these seemlessly but why is this happening in the first place? 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Bill 

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello gigtime, 

This is strange that it would break the clip at 11:33 specifically.  Is it possible that there is an issue with this particular card?  Have you attempted to initialize the card within the camera and try again?  You will want to save your recordings first, of course, lest they be lost.  Another card should also be tried in the camera to attempt a resolution to this issue.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

I am having the same problem with my Vixia HF R300. It appears that it stops the videos before they reach 2gb in file size. This happens roughly around 11:30 mark. This is really messing up my recordings. Please help provide a fix

Thank you

Announcements