cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HFR200 Charger cord works intermittently

nov51947
Apprentice

I have a vixia HFR200 nearly 4 years old. The connection from the charger cord to the camwera works intermittently. I have to put slight sideways pressure on the plug that goes into the camera before the charger light starts flashing. If it's the male charger cord, I'll get another one; but if it's the female connector inside the camera, I'm not sure that I want to send it off for repair, since a newer camcorder probaly costs less than the repair. Anyone have any suggestions on how to determine which connector is the culprit?  (If I buy a new camera, I'll probably get a Canon D-series DSLR...trying to avoid that cost though.)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Karl

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi nov51947!

Thanks for posting.

The only way to determine which one is the culprit is to try another power cable.  If the same thing happens with other power cables, the camcorder itself needs to be repaired.  If not, then the original power cable needs to be replaced. 

You can always send both the power cable and the camcorder to the Factory Service Center to be tested.  They will determine which is causing the problem and they will provide you with an estimate for what it will cost to correct the problem.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Since the camcorder is more than a year old, you may participate in the Canon Loyalty Program instead.  The Canon Loyalty Program option allows you to replace your current camcorder for a discounted fee, plus shipping.  The original non-functioning camcorder would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided.  

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at 866-443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with online support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements