Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Vixia HFR 700 camera stops filming SD card too slow

I have the Canon, Vixia HFR 700.  No matter what SD card I put in or what setting I use, the camera

the card seems too slow to keep up, but I checked the card for speed and it should be fine.  It films for a bit then stops.

If I press stop, it takes a while for the camera to finish writing before it stops.  I keep it on the lowest quality as well and it

still does this with more than one SD card I have.  Not sure, but could be the camera?

Product Expert
Product Expert

Re: Vixia HFR 700 camera stops filming SD card too slow

Hello Chayyath, 

The camera will require a faster card that what it seems you are using currently.  If you try a faster card and the issue still persists, then we recommend considering sending it for service.  

You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

www.usa.canon.com/repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

These are the cards I use. No problems with MP4 at 1080p 50fps 35Mbps. Amazon has them.

SD card.JPG 

Legria HF G40 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1060 6GB - Win 10 - DaVinci Resolve 16.1.1.
New Contributor

Thanks !! Will do !!