11-17-2014 11:22 AM
I have the HF50, win 7 home edition laptop and linksys wrt54gs2 v1 and trying to connect with an iphone using the "monitor while out" function.
- streaming from camera to iphone works fine, while in recording mode
- when in play mode connecting to access point works, and I can find the camera in the networks of my laptop
- When in streaming mode and trying to connect with "monitor while out", I get an error message that I have to change the port settings.
- the port is set to 80, and I entered a password (into the camera)
- I ran the checking tool that is supposed to check the system capability to use the "monitor while out" function.
- 1st check says system is not properly configured, router does not support "UPnP. I checked, the router is in fact capable of UPnP and this function is enabled
- Ran the tool again and not its saying router does not allow port mapping. I think it does, because I have some ports open for the xbox. Otherwise, I don't have much of a clue....
- I opened port 80 entering the IP of my computer and the checking tool says nothing found that would prevent me from using .....
- I opened port 80 to the IP address of the camera, however the camera won't connect allays the same error.
- I played with the settings in the router, but no success.
- running the checking tool seems to give random results between router does not provide UPnP, no port mapping and no issue found.
I suspect the issue is in the router, but I don't have any idea what to try out next.
Any help is appreciated.