cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R80 help

troi831
Apprentice

I am recording my church service with my Vixia HF R80 so I can then post online and also make DVD for the shut ins.  I love the video quality but am having issues with the sound.  I have tried connecting the camera to our audio mixer but no sound records.  Is there a way to connect the camera to the audio mixer?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I would suggest using an external mic.

HF_R80.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

Unlike my G40 which will switch the mic input to line input when it detects it, I suspect your R80 will not do this. So your only recourse is to use a decent external mic plugged in to the R80

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

"ImInTheUK" pretty much nailed it.  Your HF_R80 is a basic recording device and doesn't have the capability to output during capture like a higher end model. 

This is the reason we have both suggested using an external mic.  I had looked at your manual and noted the limitations of its outputs.  It is a basic recording device with playback function. 

One other recommendation.  Consider a powered wireless mic that a speaker can wear on his/her lapel. This might help capture someone speaking at greater distance.         

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It
Announcements