cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R700 Image Shakes

sprisco
Apprentice

I bought a couple of these based on the reviews to use to record concerts that I promote. However, when on tripods, the vibration from the music causes the image to distort on both cameras. They are exceptionally light but I have never had this issue before with any other camera, including my phone. If you hold the camera there is no problem.

I tried weighting the tripods with sandbags - which helped a bit but not enough. 

Not sure if anyone else has this issue and has come up with a solution but any ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

I sometimes get this with my G40. The vibration is being transmitted to the camera via the tripod. In my case using a monopod helps tremendously. I know in your case this is not an option. See if you can isolate the tripods feet from the floor. Maybe standing then on the sandbags.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

You might also try experimenting with the Image Stabilization switched on and off.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sprisco,

Thanks for posting.

When using a tripod, please turn your camcorder's image stabilizer off.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements