Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Vixia HF R600 memory card initialize error

Brand new camcorder and memory card.  I am receiving "process terminated with error" when attempting to initialize my class 10 SD 128G Patriot memory card.   Upon closing out the error msg I then get "check memory card," of which I removed and reserted the card.

VIP

Re: Vixia HF R600 memory card initialize error

@goatfarmer98 wrote:

Brand new camcorder and memory card.  I am receiving "process terminated with error" when attempting to initialize my class 10 SD 128G Patriot memory card.   Upon closing out the error msg I then get "check memory card," of which I removed and reserted the card.

You could have a bad card.  You could also have a card that is larger than what the camcorder can handle.  Try formatting the card on a Windows computer [FAT-32 format], or a smaller card [32 GB, or less].  Make sure "Write Protect" is disabled, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."