cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF R50 Wi-Fi Setup

dcleary
Apprentice

Hello, I have been trying to set up the Wi-Fi functionality with my new camcorder for my iPhone and iPad. I have downloaded the CameraAccess app from the app store. In the camcorder setup I am not able to activate Wi-Fi, and the CameraAccess app cannot find the camcorder. I have read through all the documentation and am at a loss. I basically want to use my iPhone as a remote, and the iPad as a separate way to view what's recording. In the Monitor from Home settings, it does not seem to be active. Any suggestions welcome!

11 REPLIES 11

Meglorin
Apprentice
Having the same issue. I'm in auto mode. AVCHD to the internal storage. Tapping home -> remote control shows both monitor from home and monitor while out as grayed out.

Mykolas
Authority

Hi dcleary and Meglorin!

Thanks for posting.

The specific function you are referring to is not available in the following cases:

- Video quality is set to 60P

- Dual recording or relay recording is activated

Please make sure neither of these is the case.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply Mike!

I was able to get the WiFi to work by performing a factory reset but didn't know which of my preferred settings were causing it to not work.

I was shooting, prior to the reset, in 60P so that is my issue solved.

Got it working, thanks!

Got it working, thank you for the help.

Wumbon
Apprentice
Having this problem. Tried changing the settings like recommended. Did not fix the problem.

Hi Wumbon,

Before you begin, please check your camcorder settings to ensure that the date (including the year), time (24 hour clock), time zone and daylight savings settings are correct and match the settings of the network you're you're using for the connection, as well as your iPhone and iPad. If they don't match, you won't be able to make the connection.

Next, on your devices, please go to "Settings", choose "Privacy", then "Photos". Now, check to ensure that the Canon Camera Access App is enabled.

If you continue to encounter difficulty with this setting, please Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a Vixia hf r60, and I hope the question is similar.  I'm using a Android Droid Razr and having a hard time connecting the two.   Any thoughts please?   

p.s. Is there any way to use the WiFi to upload a video to YouTube or Facebook? Thanks.
Announcements