cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF R50 Wi-Fi Setup

dcleary
Apprentice

Hello, I have been trying to set up the Wi-Fi functionality with my new camcorder for my iPhone and iPad. I have downloaded the CameraAccess app from the app store. In the camcorder setup I am not able to activate Wi-Fi, and the CameraAccess app cannot find the camcorder. I have read through all the documentation and am at a loss. I basically want to use my iPhone as a remote, and the iPad as a separate way to view what's recording. In the Monitor from Home settings, it does not seem to be active. Any suggestions welcome!

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Theedman22,
Once you've set up web services, you may share your videos on YouTube. You may find the description web services, and their installation beginning on page 192 of your VIXIA HF R60 Instruction Manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Trex1
Apprentice

The Wi-Fi monitor from home works. In this case, the you must select the DIRECT attachment where the camera itself offers up the SSID network name which is "VIXIA-XXXX_CanonDC.  The XXX will be unique to your camera based on its MAC address. The Vixia HF R50 will also give you a password. It was all numberic.  Then use your cell phone to scan for networks and choose the VIXIA .... network. This connection method has NO Dependence on your home Wi-Fi , the connection is only between the Vixia and your cell phone.   The external connection that does use the Wi-Fi is not working for me. I cannot figure that one out. I have searched everywhere. I give up.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements