cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF G Series - Video At Night - Focus Issue

JohnTurner
Apprentice

Last night I shot 8 minutes of fireworks with my Vixia HF G20 using M Mode.  Most of the video turned out well and the audio was assume as I was almost directly underneath the display.  I was using M mode and made no other changes to the defaults. 

At times it drifted out and back into focus. How can I keep the scene in focus all the time?

This is the link to the video I am referring to:   https://youtu.be/g9YvlFgFh4A

Thanks in advance

John Turner

1 REPLY 1

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Even though you are in M mode you can still have auto focus selected. M merely gives you the capabillity of using manual setting selectivly. When turning on the camera it will default to autofocus. Just set focus to manual and you will be fine. Autofocus systems need light to operate so if you are in a dark enviroment you have to focus manually.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1
Announcements