cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA/LEGRIA HF G30 true display mirror?

TheDiveO
Contributor

I know that the HF G30 has a mirror option that, when enabled, mirrors the video image horizontally. Unfortunately, for me as a diver this is only half way useful. I'm using an ikelite dive housing that has a mirror on the left side of the housing so I can see the display from behind while the display is in hinged position, folded to the cam body. For framing my shoots the mirroring works fine.

But whenever I need to change settings and the onscreen display comes up, then the G30 switches to unmirrored display. For ordinary use this is the right thing. But for underwater usage this isn't really helpful as this forces me to use the view finder ... which isn't exactly convenient with a half or full face mask, sadly.

Is there any display mirror option (maybe hidden) that allows me to constantly mirror the display even with all cam information in the screen also getting mirrored horizontally? While divers are probably not so much of interest to Canon I would be more than happy to hear that Canon actually want to help and offer a function that makes using the G30 under water more convient.

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements