cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HV30 output to HDMI w/o display info, not in playback or record.

dldave
Apprentice

I've done this before, but don't remember the correct camcorder settings. I need to send raw (what the camera sees) video via HDMI to my Mac Pro wiithout any of the informational displays, such as blinking red 'cassette missing' or green 'cassette pause' symbols. Anyone know how to set up the camcorder in such a mode?

I've had extensive email conversation with Canon Support, but their take is it can't be done, which I know is not true, since I've done it before. Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Dave :-}>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks! That did it. I don't remember ever using the remote last time, but apparently I did, because it works now. This was really helpful. I am merrily transferring Super 8 movies.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello dldave, 

There are two buttons which can remove the on-screen displays.  One is on the camcorder itself and it's marked as the DISP button.  Press this multiple times will change what is displayed on screen.  THe other is the TV Screen on the wireless remote controller.  Pressing these will change what is output on screen through the terminals.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks! That did it. I don't remember ever using the remote last time, but apparently I did, because it works now. This was really helpful. I am merrily transferring Super 8 movies.

Cheers,

Announcements