cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF S100 unable to recognise or initialise card

slo007
Apprentice

Hello,

We've been using a VIXIA camcorder for many years and it has been working perfectly - until yesterday. The camera refuses to recognise the memory card, despite being ample free space. I copied all the files out using a card reader, so the card is working fine. I tried both the quick and complete card initialization; but I get the error, "Process terminated with error".

The card is a Sandisk Ultra II class 4 32 GB.

I have a 'new' 16 GB card (class 2) purchased as a spare; and I get the same error. I can open the card fine on my PC, so the card seems fine.

I've done a hard reset of the camera (button behind the battery); but keep getting the same error.

I've also formatted the card in the PC, but same error again.

I see the camera was purchased in June of 2009. Is there a fix I'm missing, or is this a case of the hardware being too old to work?

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi slo007,

This camcorder should typically accept SD cards up to 32GB and since two SD cards have produced the same error it sounds like there may be an internal malfunction in the camcorder. This model is too old to be repaired since there are no more parts for it, but the Canon Upgrade Program may allow you to replace the camera at a discount instead. YOu can learn more about the Canon Upgrade Program through the sales department at (800)385-2155 M-S 9am-9pm EST.

Announcements