cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF G30 - MIC LEVEL for on-board mic. Is it fixed to be in AUTO mode?

buttahchicken
Apprentice

when using the on-board mic for my G30 I can't select MANUAL adjustment of the mic level. 

It is stuck on AUTO.

I discovered that when I used an external mic, I could select MANUAL and adjust the mic level myself.

QUESTION: 

Is there a way to manually adjust the mic level for the on-board mic or is it by design set to AUTO?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

buttahchicken, 

The audio adjustment level would be for either the onboard mic, or one connected externally.  Go to Func.> Mic Level> M (manual) to adjust. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

buttahchicken, 

The audio adjustment level would be for either the onboard mic, or one connected externally.  Go to Func.> Mic Level> M (manual) to adjust. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I read the manually more thoroughly and noted that I needed to be in "Custom Setting" audio mode to allow the onboard stereo mic to be manually adjusted. Mine was set to "Standard" even though according to the manual (Page 80) "Custom Setting" should be the default and I did reset-to-default my G30 when trying to figure this out.

Thanks.

Announcements