cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA - Computer cannot detect camera

longdr
Apprentice

New HF R80 not being detected by CameraWindow software.  Computers play USB device inserted sound, but CameraWindow software does not detect it.  Have tried three computers and multiple ports on each with the same results. All other USB devices removed. All are running Windows 10 64 bit.

Please help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Longdr,

Thanks for posting.

When connecting your camcorder to your computer, we recommend the following:

1. Power is critical when transferring movies. Please ensure that your camcorder is powered by its compact power adapter.
  2. If your computer is a desktop unit, we recommend selecting a USB terminal on the back of your computer. These terminals normally have a better signal and more power than USB terminals on the front of your computer.
  3. If your computer is a laptop, please ensure that it's running on A.C. power.
  4. When connecting your computer, we recommend against the use of a USB hub. We recommend connecting your camcorder's USB cable directly to your computer.

When your camcorder is connected, as described above, please turn it on, using the Playback button on the back of the camcorder. This button has a blue playback arrow on it. The playback mode is also the camcorder's computer connection mode.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Longdr,

Thanks for posting.

When connecting your camcorder to your computer, we recommend the following:

1. Power is critical when transferring movies. Please ensure that your camcorder is powered by its compact power adapter.
  2. If your computer is a desktop unit, we recommend selecting a USB terminal on the back of your computer. These terminals normally have a better signal and more power than USB terminals on the front of your computer.
  3. If your computer is a laptop, please ensure that it's running on A.C. power.
  4. When connecting your computer, we recommend against the use of a USB hub. We recommend connecting your camcorder's USB cable directly to your computer.

When your camcorder is connected, as described above, please turn it on, using the Playback button on the back of the camcorder. This button has a blue playback arrow on it. The playback mode is also the camcorder's computer connection mode.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The instructions are not correct for the requesters camera, an R80. The R80/R82 DOES NOT HAVE A BLUE PLAYBACK BUTTON ON THE BACK OF THE CAMCORDER. There is, however a GRAY "Play" button on the INSIDE of the camcorder, directly under the ON/OFF button. THIS is what you must press. It took me forever to discover the secret to making this work. 

Confirming that playback mode is the KEY to making this work. My button looks black to me 🙂
FYI - I have my camera plugged into a POWERED USB hub. This seems (so far) to work fine.

My R80 DOES NOT have a play back button under the on/off button.  It has a little square with an arrow and that takes you to a screen to delete a movie or picture that is in memory.  Where is the "PLAY BACK BUTTON".????

billrossimusic
Apprentice
Please "unfloat" this topic/post as I floated it by mistake. (sorry)
Announcements