cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using galaxy s6 tablet as external display for canon vixia hf g40

jnptruck
Apprentice
Does anybody knows how to connect canon vixia hf g40 to external display galaxy s6 tablet thanks
7 REPLIES 7

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

As far as I know the only way is with wi-fi. However I have found that there is some lag between the camera and the display.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jnptruck,

IamintheUK is correct, you can view the LCD information on your tablet using the WiFi on the camcorder and the Browser Remote function although there is likely to be a little bit of lag time between the camcorder seeing something and it being shown on the tablet. The WiFi setup guide for your camera can be found in the link below.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300022030/02/hfg40-wifi-bsg2-8l.pdf

jnptruck
Apprentice
Thanks for your help, now how can I connect my tablet to my canon camcorder via wired?

You can't unless the S6 has an HDMI input.. You are trying to do something it was never designed for.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

That's correct, the camcorder can output live video via HDMI into an external monitor or recorder, but most tablets will not function strictly as a monitor or external recorder.

I have a HF R82. I struggle with the lag in using the wireless connection via WiFi in my application--unfortunately because if it wasn't for the lag, it would be perfect. I want to use an external monitor for viewfinding the live image during recording as believe it will eliminate the lag. Is this possible with the R82?

Hi TravisW,

Unfortunately the lag is going to be due to the connection and delay of the wireless communication. This can be improved with a stronger connection (items loser to each other) but I suspect the image will never be axactly as live as if you were to use a wired HDMI connection.

Announcements