cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer video from Canon Legria HF G25 tp pc!

brychan
Apprentice

Hello I recently bought a Canon Legria HF G25 Camcorder.The Free software supplied with the camcorder is Video Browser ver. 2.6 by Pixela. When I try to transfer my videos to the pc the software loads for a few moments,automatically,as it is supposed to,then freezes! A notice appears on my desktop that reads: "Video Browser.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I have no option then but to close the program via the 'button' (close program) displayed below the message! Uninstalling and reinstalling Video Browser,as suggested in the manual supplied by Pixela does not help. The same problem occurs if I try to launch Video Browser via the desktop icon or 'Start'! I have looked through the support pages on the Pixela website and as far as I can make out my OS is compatible with the software ie Windows Vista Service Pack 2. I emailed Canon who informed that the software is made by Pixela and they do not have the details. Pixela do no supply an email and the phone number they provide is in Europe,and I do not wish to phone a number outside the UK. I was wondering if I might be able to use some other Video edit software to transfer my videos to my pc. I understand that Sony Vega (they seem to have dropped the Vega bit now) is considered to be very good and not too expensive. I tried to download the free trial version of the latest version (13) from the Sony website,but apparently it is not compatible with Windows Vista. Also,when I looked at the manual,which I downloaded,it said it was unable to import video files from Camcorders using a usb connection. Although,it can import from Dvd camcorders if the usb drivers supplied are uninstalled. I also gather now,from the Sony website,that their software is unable to capture video from a camcoder via a usb. Is this true? If so,is there any software available that I can use to transfer (and edit) video files from my Camcorder. I bought my last camcorder,a Sony digital 8,fifteen years ago. All you had to was plug it in! I seem to have bitten off more than I can chew here and would be grateful if anyone here could please offer some advice or help.

NB Not too keen on the Avatar provided;but too busy too change it at the moment!!Smiley LOL

1 REPLY 1

VideoGeek
Mentor

I take it the video is stored on the internal memory and not an SD card.  Correct me if that is wrong.  When you connect the camcorder to the computer via the USB cable does the camcorder show up as an external storage device in Windows Explorer?  If yes, have you tried copying the video files from the drive (camcorder)?  Try that if you haven't and let me know whether or not it works.  If it doesn't I'll see if I can find another solution.  I would have to do some research on the video software issue as none I have ever used will import video via the USB port.  I have two Canon camcorders that have internal memory but have yet to use it since the SD cards are easier to work with but I will try it to see if I can retrieve the footage without the use of the Pixela software.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements