cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring video from camera to Mac desktop so I can email it to a coach who uses a PC

cwilson23
Contributor

Videoed 3 of my son's lacrosse games on a Canon Vixia HF G40.  I want to share these video files with my son's coach (a pc user) before editing them myself. 

How do I download the files to a folder on the desktop and then share with the coach via email?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello cwilson23, 

In order to connect your Viixia HF G40 to your computer to edit the media, you will need to use the Canon Camcorder software 7.0.  

To get us started off please Click Here for a direct link to the Drivers and Downloads section of the product support page. [link corrected]

1. Click on Drivers & Downloads. 

2. Once on the initial download page for your model, use the Select OS drop-down menu to select the operating system of the computer on which you will be installing the software.

3. Next, click on the category tab that you wish to browse- Software, Firmware or Utilities. You should then click the Select button for the desired file you wish to download.

4. Once expanded, you'll see the selection of currently available software for your OS and camera. The one you want is Camcorder software 7.0. To initiate the download, click the red outlined box which says Select. This will then further expand the view detailing file information and a solid red dialog box containing Download in white text.

5. After clicking the Download button, follow the instructions to download and install the driver or software.

The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Link you gave me is not valid. Here is what it says: "We're sorry, the page you're looking for cannot be found." Can you please resend link?

Also, when I went to the link to download the driver, it said, "There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver." Using Mac OS High Sierra Version 10.13.6.

This is the page you need on the Canon site. It has the software for High Sierra and the latest Mojave. You can scroll down and select the right OS version in the Software box. Ignore the Driver one.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/camcorders/consumer/vixia/vixa-hf-...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

Solved the problem by using an SD card reader.  Easy peezy.  Worked flawlessly.

Thanks,

Chuck

Announcements