cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer camcorder recorded video to iPad?

Sebastian
Apprentice

I like taking video with my Canon HF M56 to freeze the sweet memory wherever I go. Recently I tried to transfer some videos from the camcorder's memory to my new ipad air through my mac mini, I always failed with the error "video format incompatibility". How could I solve this problem? I do not want to sacrifice any video quality. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Dannel
Contributor
You need to convert your video to ipad recognized format mov or mp4. I know macx video converter free edition can convert video with prime quality. You still need to try anyway.

chrisking
Contributor

If you record videos with your HF M56 in AVCHD format, when you transfer them to your iPad, you will get the error message like you described. In this case, a wise way is to convert the MTS video to iPad friendly MOV/MP4/M4V video with a video converter app like Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac. 

Janekong
Enthusiast

YOu can use some free converters to help you.: Handbrake, MPEG Streamclip, ffMPEG. 

Or even you can use VLC player! I find this player can play your mts files wihtout any rewarpping and you can convert your files into MP4 if you want. Awesome , right?

But to tell you the truth , if you want to keep the high definition of your videos, that may be a little difficult by those free apps. So I am considering update my free mts/m2ts converter from pav to the full one.

Announcements