cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shout I Use Canon Digital Video Software?

abrogard
Contributor

I just got a second hand  FS200X and it came with Digital Video DVD disks and Pixella Application DVD.

I have a Canon G9 camera also and I have Digital Photo Professional installed on my Win10 system for it.

I'm thinking maybe this FS200 software is out of date and/or maybe conflict with the  more modern Digital Photo.

Software that comes on DVD we often find nowadays is very old and one is expected now to download a more modern version.

Could anyone say what I ought to do with these disks,  install or what?

2 REPLIES 2

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

The old software shouldn't conflict with DPP but it is quite possible that the software that came with your camcorder may not work under Win 10.

I am not sure what format that camcorder creates but I suspect one of the free video editors will work with it.  About all DPP can do with movie files it so play them and you will need different software for any video editing.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Yes, thanks for that. 

You're right about the Win10 thing I think.  The 'Pixela Application Disk'  didn't install at all,  reported an error.

I've now got a whole swag of Canon apps :

Camera Window

"                     "         DC and Readme

Canon Zoombrowser

Digital Photo Pro

EOS Lens Rego

Image Transfer Utility -  doesn't seem to work

"                      "         Help

My Camera          - don't understand what that's doing..

"       "      Readme   -  guess I should..

Uploader for CIG

Wi-fi connect setup

Zoombrowser EX

"            "                Readme

And I don't know what I need of them if any.

I have Shotcut and Google Photos  and  Gimp and am fairly happy pulling the memory card and doing my downloads to PC that way.

I have four Canon cameras now:   A520,  A580,  G9 and this FS200.

I think I've experienced in the past Canon software downloading from the different cameras into the same DCIM folders which is a nuisance if true, if it really happened.   It  did happen that downloads got mixed but it might not have been Canon's fault.

Anyway I feel safer doing it myself by using the mem card and  directing into folders devoted to each individual camera.

If you have any thoughts on how I should rationalise my setup I'd be pleased to here them.  It is a bit of a mess just with this uncertain software if nothing else.

Announcements