Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Removing icons from G20 display not possible?

[ Edited ]

My teacher has an HF 620. He wants to use it for streaming his tai chi classes via Zoom. Be picked up an INOGENI capture card.

The problem is that there seems to be no way to remove "all" of the icons from the display when recording or, in this case, when streaming. He's getting this as a result:

Tai chi class has on-screen icons.png

The instruction manual makes it clear it can't be done:

2020-05-16_14-54-48.png

Yet I thought I'd ask here anyway, in case there's a workaround or hack that might accomplish it that someone might be aware of.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Removing icons from G20 display not possible?

Most consumer camcorders will not have "clean" HDMI output while recording; just for playback.   The Vixia HF G50 (and I believe the G60) will have clean HDMI output since they have features to work with external recorders.  So will the the vast majority  of professional camcorders.

--
Ricky

EOS 5D IV, 50mm f/1.2L, 135mm f/2 L, 600EX-RT (x6), ST-E3-RT, Vixia HF G50
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks.

Any chance you can suggest something, even refurbed or just used, in say around the $300-ish range that might fit the bill?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

You'll have to do your own pricing research.  Here's a list of products maintained by Canon that has clean HDMI out.

--
Ricky

EOS 5D IV, 50mm f/1.2L, 135mm f/2 L, 600EX-RT (x6), ST-E3-RT, Vixia HF G50
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a G40 which is similar in many ways to the G20. You can disable the menu screen from appearing on the HDMI out. Have a look here. This is from the G40 manual. See if you have a similar control on the G20.

HDMI Out.JPG

Legria HF G40 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1060 6GB - Win 10 - DaVinci Resolve 16.2.1
Highlighted
New Contributor

SOLVED - Re: Removing icons from G20 display not possible?

[ Edited ]

It turns out it can indeed be done, just as you said:

Menu > wrench icon > Output On-Screen Controls > turn Off.

Thanks!