cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing icons from G20 display not possible?

SeeJ
Apprentice

My teacher has an HF 620. He wants to use it for streaming his tai chi classes via Zoom. Be picked up an INOGENI capture card.

The problem is that there seems to be no way to remove "all" of the icons from the display when recording or, in this case, when streaming. He's getting this as a result:

Tai chi class has on-screen icons.png

The instruction manual makes it clear it can't be done:

2020-05-16_14-54-48.png

Yet I thought I'd ask here anyway, in case there's a workaround or hack that might accomplish it that someone might be aware of.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I have a G40 which is similar in many ways to the G20. You can disable the menu screen from appearing on the HDMI out. Have a look here. This is from the G40 manual. See if you have a similar control on the G20.

HDMI Out.JPG

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

View solution in original post

SeeJ
Apprentice

It turns out it can indeed be done, just as you said:

Menu > wrench icon > Output On-Screen Controls > turn Off.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Most consumer camcorders will not have "clean" HDMI output while recording; just for playback.   The Vixia HF G50 (and I believe the G60) will have clean HDMI output since they have features to work with external recorders.  So will the the vast majority  of professional camcorders.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks.

Any chance you can suggest something, even refurbed or just used, in say around the $300-ish range that might fit the bill?

You'll have to do your own pricing research.  Here's a list of products maintained by Canon that has clean HDMI out.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I have a G40 which is similar in many ways to the G20. You can disable the menu screen from appearing on the HDMI out. Have a look here. This is from the G40 manual. See if you have a similar control on the G20.

HDMI Out.JPG

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

SeeJ
Apprentice

It turns out it can indeed be done, just as you said:

Menu > wrench icon > Output On-Screen Controls > turn Off.

Thanks!

Announcements