cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording over previous recording

no1texan
Contributor

I would like to erase the previous recording on a DVD tape on my Canon Optura 50 and use tape again. Will a new 

recording erase the previous recording? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your camera will not delete or overwrite recorded footage unless told to do so.  Reading your product's manual will likely help answer your question. Page 32.  

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDkwMDAwMDY4MjAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your reply and information. I have searched through the manual about this but not found instructions how to erase the tape. I did look at page 32 and maybe I am just not seeing or understanding it.

Hi no1texan,

Thanks for the reply.

You won't be able to erase a Mini DV tape in the way that you can erase or format a memory card, but you can record over the prior footage. Simply rewind the tape to the area where you want to start recording, switch back to the camera mode, and press record.

Hope that helps.

Announcements