cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rattling Noise and Indoor Recording

SmugSuspenders
Apprentice

Hello everyone! I just got a Canon Vixia HF R500 today for Christmas and was wondering if anyone else has run into a rattling noise when the camera is turned off? The only thing I could find online was that it should be normal and that it is the image stabilizer that is moving around when the camera is off. Also was just wondering if sometimes while recording indoors with this camera if some people get some grainy images. One last note: anyone know what the manufacturers warranty is? I registered my product already. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi SmugSuspenders!

Welcome to the Canon Forum.

There is typically a clicking and whirring noise that can sometimes be heard when the Image Stabilizer activates and is running.  However, once the camcorder is powered off, the Image Stabilizer also shuts off and you should not hear this noise.

If you set the camcorder down and it is powered off, does it still make the noise?

When recording indoors, there is much less light available for the exposure, so the camera will need to dial up the gain to compensate.  Higher gain can lead to a bit more of a grainly appearance.

The warranty from Canon is a 1 Year Limited Warranty.  It began the day the camcorder was purchased and does not in any way depend on you registering the camcorder to activate it.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements